Thursday, November 5, 2009

St. James City Vacation - Day 5


With more work being done on the boat, we didn't get out on the water until late and I was getting restless and bored. There were so many things I'd wanted to do while here and now we were into day 5. So I'm guessing we won't be making it over to Sanibel again, no bike ride, no hike through the preserve for photos :( But hey...it's still better than a day at work anytime! While GG worked on the boat I said to heck with it and grabbed a pole to do some fishing from the dock. I caught a Snapper and a Cat (naturally). so I felt a little better. At least I'd finally caught something! ha! After the boat pieces were put back together, we headed out for this little island and fished for a couple of hours. Where I caught another Snapper, a Trout and another Cat. GG caught a couple more Cats. It was quite windy and we were having a hard time getting the anchor to hold. We moved around to the other side of the island to try our luck there. We didn't have any, but there was bait just boiling on top of the water. As the sun began to set it was an amazing sight as all of these birds came in to roost. I mean all species....pelicans, ibis, herons, egrets, spoonbills....flocks and flocks of them! It really was amazing. I wish I had a better lens so I could have captued them in the low light.

No comments:

Post a Comment