Sunday, November 1, 2009

St. James City Vacation - Day 1

I don't know why we call to ask if we can "check in" early...we never make it any earlier than their posted time. We have all week to get our things together and yet we always find ourselves scrambling to finalize packing and then loading the cars and boat the morning we leave. So, once again, it was noon before we were on the road. It was a great trip down here, riding with Delilah's (my car) top down. Once here, it feels like we're home. We've stayed here twice before and fell in love the moment we stepped foot in the house and looked out the back at this view.

My worked-too-hard husband had to turn around and drive back to Tampa for a remote at the Dallas Bull, but I stayed behind and chilled with the computer and just relaxed. After I'd had several drinks and two cups of espresso, he made it back at 1:30 am. And then.....we slept like babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment