Tuesday, November 3, 2009

St. James City Vacation - Day 3

We took the boat out for another troubleshooting mission and were so fortunate that a pod of dolphin chose just inside the mouth of the canal for a playground. I never get enough of watching them! It was another day for being on land (other than the test drive) but we're very hopeful it will be thumbs-up for wetting lines today.

Some observations of the differences between May and November here on the island. No more mosquitos! ......but don't get too excited because they are replaced by the no-seeums who have no problem at all getting through the pool screen to eat you alive! I mean these suckers have torn me up. No amount of Caladryl is helping.

The second observation is the change in the bird population, along the canal anyway. You see a Heron, Egret or Pelican here and there, but nothing like in May when they are all over the place. I'll have to do some research and find out where they've migrated to. And speaking of migrating....the freaking crows are here! And I'm not sure they ever left the Tampa area. Is there a surge in their population or what?! BTW...I hate crows.

No comments:

Post a Comment